“UTokyo English Academia” is an online education course operated by the Center for Research and Development of Higher Education, the University of Tokyo. We are recruiting students from the University of [...]
“UTokyo English Academia” is an online education course operated by the Center for Research and Development of Higher Education, the University of Tokyo.
We are recruiting students from the University of Tokyo who are interested in engaging with the development of this online program.
Please read the following guidelines carefully for details of the application process.
– Working hours and period: Approximately 11 hours in total on weekdays (10:00–18:00) between late August and early September.
– Address: Office located on Hongo Campus
– Reward: 1,000 yen per hour
*The above reward is calculated from 8,000 yen per day (=8 hours) as prescribed by the University of Tokyo’s regulations.
– Number of positions: A few
– Responsibilities: Identifying points to improve or correct such as confusing sentences and typographical errors by watching the newly developed online course of UTokyo English Academia (as described in the next item) and working on the assignments.
– Required belongings: Please bring your PC which enables Wi-Fi connection. Other required belongings related to the administrative procedure will be notified individually.
[Outline of the Newly Developed Online Course]
– This course is for learning the present situation and issues related to teaching academic subjects in English at universities.
– Language: Lecture movies, instructional materials, and assignments are offered in English.
– The required time for learning each module is estimated to be 30 minutes. There are 10 modules in total.
– Each module contains one or two 10-minute lecture movie(s).
– There are quizzes at the end of each module. The final assignment is writing an essay. Test users are required to work on all assignments including quizzes and essay writing.
– Enrolled at the University of Tokyo as an undergraduate or graduate student of any discipline
– Competence in the basic use of PCs such as entering characters and manipulating browsers
– Ability to take an online course provided in English.
[How to Apply]
Please fill in the following application form.
Friday, August 23, 2019
*Registrations will be closed once the quota for the number of applicants has been achieved.
[Notification of Results]
Applicants who are hired will be notified via e-mail by Tuesday, August 27.
[Address for Inquiry]
UTokyo English Academia,
Center for Research and Development of Higher Education,
The University of Tokyo
*Replace [at] with @.
9 (金曜日) - 23 (金曜日)